Experienced Social Security Disability Lawyers In New York - Su Caso Will Help You Claim Maximum Benefits
If you've been injured on the job or if you're unable to work due to a disability, you may be entitled to Social Security benefits. Unfortunately, getting these benefits can be difficult. The process is long and complicated, and many people are turned down for benefits even though they are eligible. Su Caso can help. We have years of experience helping people in New York obtain the full benefits they are entitled to under state and federal law. We will work tirelessly to get you the benefits you need to live a comfortable life.
Social Security Disability Benefits Eligibility
If you cannot work due to a physical or mental disability, you may be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits. To qualify for these benefits, you must have worked enough quarters and paid Social Security taxes. Additionally, your condition must be expected to last at least one year or result in death. If you meet these qualifications, the next step is to fill out an application.
You can apply for Social Security disability benefits online, over the phone, or in person at your local Social Security office. To get started, gather all the necessary documentation, including proof of your disability and work history. Once you have submitted your application, a determination will be made as to whether you qualify for benefits. If approved, you should begin receiving payments within a few months.
Qualifying Medical Conditions for the Social Security Disability Benefits
You must fulfill a specific requirement to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. You have to prove your disability claim to the relevant authorities. Some examples include:
- Mental Illness - Anxiety, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), ADD/ADHD, Bipolar Disorder
- Cancers - Any type of cancer
- Neurological Impairments - Seizures, Parkinson's Disease, dementia, stroke, etc
- Heart Diseases - Heart Attack, Congestive Heart Failure, etc.
- Gastrointestinal Disease - Pancreatitis, Crohn's Disease, IBS, Colitis
- Spinal Complications - Osteoporosis, Spinal Fusion, Fractures, Herniated Disk
- Orthopedic problems - Any shoulder, knee, hip, hand surgery
- Respiratory Difficulties - Asthma, COPD, Emphysema, Tuberculosis, Lung Cancer
- Liver and Kidney Problems - cirrhosis, kidney failure, hepatitis, etc.
- Vision and Hearing - Vertigo, Pierced Eardrum
The best thing to do is to get your condition checked by a licensed medical expert to determine which category you might be eligible for and then discuss that with an experienced SSDI attorney. Nearly 60% of applicants are known to be turned down, but don't worry—you have the chance to file an appeal as long as you do it within 60 days.
Need Help Filing for an SSDI?
Su Caso is here to guide you no matter where you are in the filing process. Once you have received a free consultation, we can move forward to helping you get the benefits you deserve. There are hearings conducted in court where you have to prove why you are eligible to receive the benefits and how much they should be. Our firm has experience dealing with the most challenging cases covering SSI & SSDI lawsuits. You can contact us at 718-424-5560 to find out how we may be of further assistance to you.